Welcome to the Intercollegiate Department of Asian American Studies (IDAAS)!
- IDAAS Outreach Film: learn. envision. transform.
- Community Engagement: Citizenship Coaching at Literacy for All in Monterey Park (LAMP)
- IDAAS Majors: Tracy Zhao (PO '12) and Katie Wang (SC '12)
- Programs: Leora Aquino, first recipient of the Margo Okazawa Rey Summer Fellowship
- Events: Crane Folding for Japan earthquake relief
Established in 1998, IDAAS provides a rich academic program to all students at the Claremont Colleges (Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, Pitzer, Pomona, and Scripps.) IDAAS has thirteen core faculty and offers interdisciplinary undergraduate majors and minors in Asian American Studies. Carrying forward the community-based origins of Asian American Studies, we provide innovative opportunities such as the Margo Okazawa-Rey Summer Fellowship, creative and community-based theses, the Peter Kiang Thesis Prize, and the Merle Woo Project Prize.